Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Day at the Jackson House

Each year, Christmas just gets more and more fun. Kennedy totally caught on to the concept of Santa, and Pieper surprised us all with her eagerness and gift-opening skills! Kennedy, for the past couple of weeks, had requested from Santa a "Belle doll." Santa always wraps all the gifts except for one. This year it was a dog for Kennedy and one for Pieper. When Kennedy came down Christmas morning, instead of uttering how excited she was, the first thing she said was, "I don't want a dog, I want a 'Belle doll.'" Uhhh... not exactly what you want to hear Christmas morning, but Santa was diligent and got what she asked for. It was just wrapped. Good Santa. :) Pieper, on the other hand, was thrilled with everything everyone got. Such a grateful little girl! And because Jake and I never seem to stick to "our word" of not getting each other anything, I surprised him with a few Seahawk goodies and he surprised me with a new flash and zoom lens for my camera. Good hubby. ;) We spent the rest of the day napping (since a few of us have been battling a few ickies) and then round out the evening with the Jackson family. All in all, it was a delightful day and one to be remembered.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leslie Behunin said...

Festive Pj's!

Zappe Family said...

Now you have a spice rack! Nothing holding you back now Missy! So fun!