Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Pumpkin Picking Parking Lot Adventure

There never seems to be enough time to do everything. So goes our life these days. After failing for several weeks to take our sweet, precious daughters to the pumpkin patch (I know, I know... we're HORRIBLE parents!) ;) this is what I resorted to. Ha. The day before Halloween, inbetween running to pick Kennedy up from preschool and running home for a Primary Presidency meeting, we drive around in the car looking for somewhere to find pumpkins. Are they seriously all sold out ALREADY?!? I mean... there are still people like us that wait until the day before, right? Maybe we were secretly hoping to get them for free (like Christmas trees on Christmas, right?!). Wrong. Still had to pay a pretty hefty price for our pumpkin picking experience this year. Even if it was at the local QFC. Why do we parents want to create these "memories" with our children?? Do they really even care? Well, I guess I do, and that is why I have these funny pictures of us and our pumpkin picking parking lot adventure.



3 comments:

Bennett Family said...

you're a GREAT mom! and if i remember correctly, you DID take them to remlinger not ONCE, but TWICE! now THAT is dedication! cute pix.

Leslie Behunin said...

I agree...you are a very good Mom! The night before Easter I went to the store to buy vinegar (ended up buying a 2 gallon jug because that's all they had left) then stayed up until 11pm dying eggs...WHY? Because my son, who was to young to care, needed Easter eggs in his basket, that's why!!! The things we do!

Zappe Family said...

Yeah Sarah. You are a crazy Mama. I'm definitely not one. :) I love the pix in the parking lot. Too fun. We drove by and laughed at you guys. :) Just kidding again...did you have fun carving them? We carved ours tonight because we had to have it done for tomorrow...and yes...Mitchell didn't even care, but it had to be done. The things we all do!