Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Busy Week in Review

The weeks only seem to get busier and busier the closer we get to Christmas. This past week was no exception. Jake and I started off the week by going to the Seagals charity auction down in Seattle. Jake has typically gone with his cousins the past couple years, but decided to have me tag along this year. We ended up walking out the door empty-handed, but felt good having contributed to a good cause. I purposefully left my camera at home not wanting to remember how pregnant I look next to those skinny, little cheerleaders. ;)

I also had to take the girls in to get their photos taken for Grandma Jackson's annual Christmas card. Like typical, Kennedy was a photographer's dream posing it up while Pieper merely scowled at the photographer the whole time. It wasn't until we left and mommy snapped a few pictures of my own that she actually sat down and said, "cheese."

Friday, Jake and I had an "adults only pajama party" to attend. Sounds like it could be kind of risque', but rest assured, only flannel pajama bottoms and modest tops attended! We had a great time visiting with friends, playing games and eating good food!

Saturday we woke up to snow on the ground! Because we had to rush out the door to our ward Christmas party (that was another pajama party!), the girls had to wait until afterwards to play in it. The virtually came home, threw on a few items of warm clothing and went outside to see the snow. Pajamas were still included.

Afterwards, Kennedy had Tea with the Nutcracker at her dance studio. Because we weren't able to attend her dance studio's production this year, this took the place. She attended with her best of buddies, Naomi, Noelle and Ryan and they all had hot chocolate, apple juice, cookies and learned a dance from the production itself. They were even surprised with a visit from a snowflake fairy and Clara.

After some much needed naps that afternoon, we again, ventured out for our visit with Santa later that evening. But that's worthy of it's own post, so more to come later.

So, here we are, Sunday- our day of rest. After some more snowfall lastnight, and some bone-chilling temperatures today, church was cancelled because of icy roads and gusty winds. I managed to keep the girls inside for a while, but eventually bundled them up layer upon layer and we went outside for a brief play in the snow. Kennedy is quite taken with making snow angels and also attempted to make a snowman that eventually resembled more of a volcano than anything.

And just because I think they're so stinkin' cute, here's a few of Pieper post-snow playing. I think she was debating on whether or not she should go back outside.

Hope you're all enjoying this Christmas season!

7 comments:

Zappe Family said...

Cute pics! Glad you were able to get out in the snow and enjoy it. I have to admit it was really nice just being home today!

Bennett Family said...

sarah your pictures are all so beautiful!!! i'm glad you're enjoying your camera again...you really have such a knack!

Krista said...

I love the matching dresses. Your girls are beautiful.

Cailean said...

We had our own little playdate in the snow this afternoon and even though we got 2" and icy roads our 9am ward wasn't cancelled. I love the photos! You do such fun things and aren't afraid to head back out for an evening activity even if you've already had a busy day...which I admire so much!

Matt and Carla said...

The girls look super cute in their pink dresses! Looks like you guys ended up getting a bit more snow than us, I think that's pretty typical though since we kind live in a valley (too bad for the kids though, oh well...school's still two hours late today!)

amie979 said...

the girls are so pretty!!

The Haley Family said...

Love the dresses. Love the rosy cheeks. Love Kennedy's room. How did you do the 'ric-rac' on her wall?