Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm a Big Girl Now


Kennedy has been asking me since Ireland's arrival to hold her standing up. I, on the other hand, enforced strictly the "sitting down to hold baby sister" rule. She's been good at following it and I've enjoyed relying on her to help me out when needed. But, lately, she's been pushing those limits a little further and further. Ireland is almost 6 months old now and is a pretty sturdy little girl that adores her biggest sister. So, I've been allowing Kennedy to stand-up holding Ireland and she has proven to me to be pretty capable. She even walks around with her and is showing me she has some pretty natural instincts when it comes to her baby sister. I have to say, I feel pretty safe in letting her do this. She still has limits, and mommy still monitors her, but I think she's feeling pretty darn good about herself and this big milestone! Thanks for being such a good helper to me, Kennedy!

3 comments:

Harris Family said...

So darling....looks like all your girls will have your "famous blue eyes!"...

laura

The Haley Family said...

Don't you just love that they can help out? Morley was 8 when Ella was born and it was fabulous to have an extra set of hands!

Stacie said...

Oh they grow up so fast. Good job Kennedy!