I usually don't blog about how crazy or hectic my week is, but considering this past week was suppose to be a "holiday," it certainly seemed anything but. Here's how it brokedown:
Monday- The week started off with me having to take a 3-hour glucose tolerance test. Being pregnant for the 3rd time, this was the first time I've had to do such a horrible thing. My first test came back1-point over normal so they had to take all precautions and have me do the lengthy test. After sitting at the doctors office for 3-hours, drinking one horrible pure syrup flavored drink and having my blood drawn four separate times, I passed the test with flying colors. I then spent the rest of the day being sick from all the sugar they pumped into me.
Tuesday- I took the girls to play with their cousins at Super Jump Party Zone. I think about 60 other parents had the same idea! Lucky for me, my brother's happen to own the place, so getting in really wasn't a problem. The girls jumped, ran around and got rid of some of that energy that had been storing for days. My sister-in-law and I then took them to McDonalds for lunch and MORE play time. We took Laci, Kennedy's cousin that is her age, home with us for a slumber party. It was a great idea until 10 pm that night when her fears starting taking over and mom and dad had to come rescue her.
Wednesday- Me and the girls spent a good portion of the day at the church updating primary manuals and distributing them to all the teachers. We got home just in time to get things ready for some New Year's celebrating. After daddy arrived home from a full-day's work, we headed over to grandma and grandpa Jackson's for some New Year's "partying."
Thursday- Since Kennedy spent the night with grandma and grandpa New Year's Eve, we headed back over to retrieve her and have a late-morning breakfast. Afterwards we took the girls to The Tale of Despereaux where Pieper was a small handful and we spent most of our time in and out of the movie. Kennedy and daddy enjoyed it though! Afterwards we had plans to meet up with my brother and his family at Claim Jumpers to finally use gift cards we had all received LAST Christmas! It was great fun and good to see my niece, Brittany, before she ventured off to Disneyworld for her internship.
Friday- The morning started off bright and early with a Primary breakfast we (the presidency) was in charge of. We probably had between 75 and 100 kids show. I was in charge of the kitchen and making sure all the kids were fed and somewhat on time! It was a fun activity but definitely a lot of work. My feet and back were aching by time I arrived home.
Saturday- Jake went shooting with his brothers and I went to Target to finally get restocked on essentials such as detergent, bleach and toiletries. Oh the fun, I know. I did score a couple good deals on after-Christmas items, so it made the trip even better. After picking up Kennedy from her cousins house (where she again spent the night), I rushed home for a 5 pm baptism.
Sunday- The start of a new year- what can I say? Anyone that has ever been in primary or is in primary knows the craziness of that first Sunday of the year. New teachers, new classes, new room assignments. It's insane. I spent pretty much all of church walking back and forth shuffling kids and parents in the right direction, delivering new manuals and passing out Christmas gifts to families.
In between all this craziness, I probably logged a good 10 hours on my phone with teachers, the primary president and other essential "business." Now, lest you think I'm blogging this for sympathies sake, I rest assure you that I'm not. In between all the rushing around and getting things done, it has been fun. Not quite sure it was the holiday vacation that I had hoped for, but it just makes getting back into a normal routine even that much easier! Here's to slowing down for the New Year!
9 comments:
Makes me tired just reading about it!
No more excuses lady. Just teasing. Here's to hoping a more normal routine brings a breath of fresh air for you?? Eek...sorry about the 3 hour glucose test. My sisters have always had to do that. Yuck... Glad everything came back good though.
I feel for you with that glucose test, oh my goodness...I remember having a hard enough time keeping one bottle down for good, let alone having to repeat it! Good thing it's over and done w/ and you passed when all was said & done! That is so cool that your niece is interning at DISNEYWORLD, what exactly will she be doing? And Claimjumpers, some dislike it but I absolutley love that place...didn't make it there to dine over break, maybe sometime here soon in the New Year! I saw quite a bit of frantic Primary leaders running around our ward Sunday as well, sounds like one of the busiest primary times of the year besides the PP. Well, even though your Cristmas break was a "Christmas Busy," I know from my last pregnancy by keeping yourself busy with life it really does aid in the "time passing and achiness dept." making those last few months seem to go that much faster & bearable, and I noticed your days are slimming on your pregnancy ticker...you don't have much longer, you'll be delivering here before we know it!!! Let me know if you ever need any help with the girls, I'd seriously love to take them for you and I'm sure our kids would enjoy their company as well!
Thanks, Carla! Being busy has helped the weeks fly by. I can't believe I'm getting so close. I think this has been the fastest pregnancy yet. Brittany got the internship through BYU. Disney recruits there. Because of her retail experience, she'll be working in one of the stores at Disneyworld. She just arrived today so we're all anxious to hear all the details. What fun for an 18-year old!
Man Sarah...if anyone deserves to put her feet up and relax it's someone whose in her last trimester! You're there right? So sit and relax....all though I think that Primary room was bursting at the seams and would have exploded without you!
Our first Sunday was crazy too. I soooooo wanted to stay home! :) I thought we were all organized and ready but there were still a few unexpected crisis moments thrown in. Yes, please do rest and enjoy some time "off" before your baby comes! How exciting! It's nice to be busy though :)
Definitely not looking forward to the glucose test and I'll definitely be hoping it's normal. Not sure which is worse, the glucose test or the Rhogam shot in the behind! I guess I should be grateful for my nursery calling, could be worse, right?
wow...can you say EXHAUSTION?? What a busy week! Glad it is over I am sure. So sorry you had to take that ICKY glucose test, I HATED that thing!
Maybe a normal week will come soon!
I totally can relate to all of that. But everything is so much harder and more tiring when your pregnant. You better be taking it easy now that the holidays are over. You are a trooper!
Post a Comment