Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I Think I'm Going to Like This Online Thing
Maybe it's because it's raining cats and dogs, I'm 7+ months pregnant and have two girls that seem to wait until we get to the grocery store to fight, but I think I'm going to like this online thing! You see, I just haven't been that anxious to get to the store these days. Like today... I had to be at home all morning while Kennedy was at preschool to wait for the Comcast guys to come by. Well, they did come by- about the same time Kennedy landed back home. After feeding the girls lunch and watching the heavens literally open up on us, call me crazy, but I just didn't want to load them into the car and trek it to the grocery store and tomorrow is out of the question since my car will be in the shop. SO, I've been saving a promotion code for free delivery from Safeway just for days like today. I thought I'd give it a try. And you know what, I actually liked it! I sat down, made out a menu, wrote down all the items I needed and went to work... online! While it probably took about the same amount of time as it would to physically shop, instead of the constant bickering and wrangling- my girls were playing! AND the best part of it all was I only got what was on my list saving me lots of money! I totally feel like I accomplished two great things- I'll once again have a kitchen stocked with groceries to actually make a complete meal AND I'm tightening up on our budget. But maybe even better than all that... I don't have to bring all the bags in! So what'd say... kudos to me?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I have wanted to try that!! Good to know!
That sound like HEAVEN! You and I both have the curse of the always working husband so there's never time to shop alone. I may just break down and try this.
Congrats! That's so awesome. I'm such a cheapo that I would need a "free trial" to even try it out. I can picture the smile on your face as you put everything away. :)
So do you tip the delivery guy?
Jill, there's no free trial required! I got a free delivery promotion code and the prices are exactly the same as at the store. Pure convenience, that's it. And no, no tips accepted. Stocked fridge once again = happy mom. :)
I LOVE the online grocery delivery! You order what you need and then they bring it all into the kitchen and all you have to do is smile! Now if only Winco had online delivery...
that is so awesome! I wish our Safeway delivered! What a great thing to have what a time saver! And mind saver!!!
Nice! I've never actually done that but I've always wanted to. My kids always fight at the grocery store and ask for everything we pass. Shopping at home is a great solution!
Yes, they started mailing free delivery coupons here last year or two years ago and I've used them a few times. Now the delivery minimum is $200 and that's just too much so unless they drop that, I don't think I will for awhile. Isn't it a LIFESAVER! And our kids got so excited for the Safeway man! :D
I always see the Safeway.com van pull up to our neighbors across the street, I've been tempted to try it out at times,then last week I heard that promotion on the radio as I was driving through the yucky rain on the way home from pre school(first time free thing)with all of the in and out and hauling stuff with kids...it sure sounded pleasing!
Post a Comment