2002
I was tagged the other day by my newly-joined blogger friend (and also longtime friend!), Alison. I've been thinking a lot about this "tag" and wanted to save it for the day I feel it appropriate for. So... here's to you babe, my one and only honey!
What is his name? Jacob Glen Jackson
How long have you been married? It'll be 6 years this June.

How long did you date? We dated for 4 months and were engaged for 3 1/2 months. Yep, when you know you know! :)
Who said I love you first? Uhhh, DEFINITELY Jake! I was a bit old-fashioned and wanted to make sure I really was in love before I said it. He told me New Year's Eve 2001 in his parent's hot tub. I said, "thanks!" Ha!!! I did tell him the next day though- in the hot tub again! (All important conversations took place in his parent's hot tub. It was the only private place in their home!)
Who is taller? Thank heavens he is! I have him on about everything else! ;) He's 6' and I'm 5'5'"
Who can sing better? Oh boy... neither! Actually I think I can just a tinch better. Although his rendition of "White Christmas" is TO DIE for! Really... ask him about it sometime! ;)
Who is smarter? Alright, alright, all humility is out the door! Honestly, I think I have the edge on this one ONLY because I spent years in school. I think I'm a bit more book smart, but Jake is definitely street-smart and sensible. I hate his logic and reasoning sometime. :) We're a good team though. We defnitely balance eachother out and see eye-to-eye on most everything.
Who does the laundry? Unfortunately I do! However, there have been times (mostly in the past) that he has been known to throw in a load of his work clothes at midnight Sunday night.
Who pays the bills? I do, thank you very much. And I have to say, I'm pretty darn good at it too!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Laying on the bed, I'm on the right. I can't even DARE sleep on the other side. It seriously throws me off all night and I'm super restless. Even if we're on vacation we keep the same positions. Although, sometimes I secretly wish we could switch sides because mine is always closest to the kids entering our bedroom!
Who mows the lawn? He WISHES he could say he does, but really, all my neighbors will attest to this- I DO!!! Even when I'm 9 months pregnant, I'm out there pushing that mower. Mostly, it's not that he's trying to load all his manly duties onto his wife, it's just that I actually enjoy (yep, I said it!), mowing. I love the way my yard looks afterwards and if I waited for him to do it, we'd have to pull out the weed-wacker!
Who cooks dinner? Okay, now this one has picked a bone with me! I hestitantly say I do. Because I do. Everynight. (Well, mostly every night!) I just WISH he could or even WOULD cook dinner just sometime. Anytime. Anything. Cooking is NOT my thing. I do it out of mere necessity for my starving children. :)
Who drives? Well, we both do, but the question SHOULD be "who's the BETTER drive?" The answer would then be ME! (Of course!) Actually, I prefer to let him drive, BUT, his lack of directions drives me NUTTY. I'm a planner, he is not. End of story.
Who is more stubborn? Yikes... this could be tricky. I think if you looked back on our first year of marriage we would say the both of us. Hands-down. Now, I think we've learned to give up some of our stubbornness to be happy. Sometimes it's just not worth it.
Who kissed who first? Hello?!? Old-fashioned, remember?! HE DID- of course!
Who asked who out first? Pretty darn sure it was him. Which was a MIRACLE for Jake. He was so used to girls rushing up to him and taking the initiative, I'm not so sure he even knew how to ask me out! Our first date was actually the Turkey Bowl at Husky Stadium. And yes, I made the playoffs- he did not! :)
One of Our First Dates
Who proposed? Yes, definitely Jake! He completely surprised me and even had my family and his family to celebrate with us afterwards.
Who has the most siblings? We both come from families of 5 kids!
Who wears the pants? You know, we both do. Jake has come a LONG way since we've been married and I have definitely have given up a lot of my independance. I say we're a great team that definitely try and work things equally.
And they lived happily ever after...


9 comments:
Get this girl a tissue! You guys have such a sweet Romance. A match made in Heaven I'd say.
great story!!! I've been checking back regularly to see your post...I figured you'd save it to today!! Congrats on a great hubby, happy marriage and cute kids!!
cute, CUTE post! love the wedding photos. happy vday!
Fun pics and stories. You both look so young in those photos! Thanks for sharing.
Oh so fun!!! Happy Valentines Day!!!
Thanks for sharing! Love the stories.
Jake is for sure one of the most romantic men I know. Every time I read one of your posts about him I get so jealous! Jake needs to teach Brad a few things.
Love the memories, they're great! You two are very cute, I love the wedding/umbrella picture the best- that's priceless.
AWWWW, i love your blog!
Post a Comment