Monday, January 14, 2008

And the Award Goes to...

Jake. For being such a GREAT husband. There was no occasion to celebrate- not my birthday, nor our anniversary, not even Valentine's Day! He just did it because he wanted to. Want the scoop?!? Alright... Jake came home one day last week and said he had a "surprise" for me. I tried getting any information out of him that I could, but his lips were tightly sealed on this one. I did manage to find out though that the kids were NOT involved or would not be joining us. Uh oh. Panic time. Anyone that knows me knows that I cannot enjoy myself unless I know my kids are safe and being well taken care of. After a few hitches, Jake's wonderful sister, Stephanie volunteered to watch our Kennedy and Pieper ALL weekend. (Thanks a million!) So, when Friday rolled around, I started packing our bags and getting more and more curious. I actually was starting to get a little excited. A whole weekend all to ourselves. I honestly didn't care where we were going, I was just excited to spend some "alone" time with my husband and sleep in. Seriously. That's it. So, we packed the girls up, dropped them off at aunties and headed north on 405. I had a suspicion we might be going to Bellevue. Well, I was right. As Jake's GPS system was giving us directions, I had fun guessing which hotel we were staying at. Turns out we pulled into the Bellevue Club. I had been there before for a reception, but never stayed there. I was SO excited. We checked in, freshened up and then headed out for a bite to eat. We met up with some good friends that live in Bellevue and dined at Maggiano's for some great Italion food. We had so much fun walking around downtown and enjoying our adult conversations we lost track of time and realized once we went back to get our car that it was locked in a parking garage. Oops. We called it a night. The next day, we tried sleeping in (hard to break those kid-habits), Jake retrieved the car, and we ordered room service. We had the best vanilla-scented french toast with almonds and strawberries. Yum, yum. Then, we got ready to go to the mall. Surprise #2 was, Jake had scheduled for me to get my make-up done! AND to make it even BETTER, he totally missed the Seahawks game to stay with me the whole time. (For any of you that know Jake, he LOVES the Seahawks.) He scored major points with me for that! ;) Afterwards, we did a little more shopping and then met up with our friends again for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Come Sunday, I think we were both feeling a little anxious to see our girls, so we relaxed a bit in the morning and headed home around noon to pick them up. Of course, upon picking them up, I think we both realized that we missed them way more than they missed us. Oh well. It was so fun to get away, just the two of us and totally reconnect again and just spend time together. We can't wait for our next little escape!

9 comments:

Leslie Behunin said...

...and the award for 'HUSBAND OF THE YEAR' goes to... {the envelope please} JAKE JACKSON!! Holy cow, spoiled! Jake has more romance in his pinky finger than Jared does in his whole body!! :) I love it! I'm so glad you had a great time.

Wendy said...

I think we are all majorly jealous!

Amber Busch said...

Yes, I am totally jealous! Brad's idea of reconnecting as a couple is going to Starbucks on Saturday morning with the kids! You are so lucky!

Stacie said...

Sexy,you go girl! It's so healthy to get away from your kids for a fleeting moment.

Zappe Family said...

That's awesome. Glad you had fun and sad we couldn't make it for din-din with you guys. Sounds like a great weekend and you definitely deserved it Sarah!

Matt and Carla said...

I heard Steph had your kids last weekend. We were wondering what you two were up to so I thought we could find out by checking out your blog & we were right- too much fun! Looks like Valentines Day came around early for you two lucky love birds! It also looks like you've been having fun around your household lately! I love that Pieper is such a curious soul, reminds me of Ellie at her age...always into something huh? Very bright and creative, pretty much never a dull moment- it's great!

Bennett Family said...

WAY TO GO JAKE! didn't know you had it in ya...first the AWESOME drawing of Christ and the girls, and NOW THIS!!! you should start a GUYS enrichment group...give them all a CLUE! :)

Harris Family said...

WOW! that is awesome!! Jake is the Best!!

Cailean said...

That sounds sooooo nice! I think I know that place too - is it the old BAC? What a great guy!