We love Leavenworth! We've been fortunate to have been able to go over there the past couple of years during the winter, but this year we made reservations 1-year in advance so that we could be there for the Christmas lighting. Jake's sister, Stephanie, and her family, as well as my brother, Ryan, and his girlfriend, Jessica, also joined us. It was so fun and we were so glad they could all come with us. The weather was CHILLY, never getting over 17 degrees, and there was just enough snow that the girls LOVED sledding down the hill in town. We tried to do some shopping, but with 9 kids combined, it didn't make it the easiest! Kennedy loved hanging out with all her best bud cousins, Pieper loved keeping up with them and Ireland was so chill the whole time, it made the whole weekend totally enjoyable. The girls swam everyday, we all were in heaven over the amazing daily breakfasts and the festivities of the weekend really kicked off our holiday season. BUT, all things don't always start off so well... I realized about half-way there that I forgot MY CAMERA at home! I wanted to yell, cry and turn-around all at the same time! After spending the first day and a half trying to "get over it," Stephanie so graciously gave me total control over her point and shoot so I could capture some of our trip. A huge thank-you to her and Jessica for all the pictures!

3 comments:
You are such a great wife and mother. Everyone is so blessed to have you Sarah. I just can't get over how darling these girls are. My goodness!!!
What a kind sister in law! I'm glad you had such a great time but don't you always?! :) By the way I have been thinking about Zakia for some reason - remember the shower we threw her at your house? What was her married name?
I love the collages, what an amazing trip! I have forgotten my camera on several occasions but didn't have anyone else to borrow one from! So glad it all worked out! Ireland is SO CUTE with her front teeth!!!
Post a Comment