Monday, March 31, 2008

"It's Not My Job"

So, today, while I was picking up from our usual afternoon messiness, I politely asked Kennedy to pick up some paper she had shredded and was throwing up in the air like confetti. This was her reply:

Me: "Kennedy, can you please pick up the paper and throw it in the garbage?"
Kennedy: "No, I can't mommy. It's not my job."
Me: "Then who's job IS it, Kennedy?"
Kennedy: "It's mommy's job."

WHERE did I go wrong in teaching my children responsibility?!?

7 comments:

The Haley Family said...

oh, I am glad to hear my kids aren't the only ones that say those words!!

Leslie Behunin said...

Sounds like it's time for a "job chart"! :)

Cailean said...

I've been told the same thing and ALSO about cut up paper from projects that's fallen on the floor! I wonder too if I did something wrong somewhere. I do still make them clean it up though.

Bennett Family said...

that sounds WAY too familiar!

The Haley Family said...

cute new background!!

Zappe Family said...

You changed your blog background. Cute. Love that story...sounds like my household.

Bennett Family said...

LOVE your new background! so springy.