Lake Sammamish Half Marathon
October 23, 2010
After Ragnar, in July, I had a real feeling of sadness that this race that I had spent months training for was over (crazy, I know!). So, in an effort to keep my training up AND to keep running with my buddies, I put another race on the calendar. It worked.
So, fast forward 3 1/2 months and here I am. The morning of. Sick with a head-cold, nervous, a little apprehensive and trying to fend off injuries. BUT, I knew I could do it. I had come too far from my days of barely being able to run 2 miles to NOT do this race.
These are some of my favorite running friends, Nichole and Rachael. Poor Rachael... never having really run any kind of race before, I roped her into running Ragnar and now she's a running machine. The girl is unbelievable! And Nichole- a mother of five! She's already run 2 marathons and her youngest just turned one! She's the fire under our feet and really believes in us. Together, we've logged many, many miles.
October 23, 2010
After Ragnar, in July, I had a real feeling of sadness that this race that I had spent months training for was over (crazy, I know!). So, in an effort to keep my training up AND to keep running with my buddies, I put another race on the calendar. It worked.
So, fast forward 3 1/2 months and here I am. The morning of. Sick with a head-cold, nervous, a little apprehensive and trying to fend off injuries. BUT, I knew I could do it. I had come too far from my days of barely being able to run 2 miles to NOT do this race.
These are some of my favorite running friends, Nichole and Rachael. Poor Rachael... never having really run any kind of race before, I roped her into running Ragnar and now she's a running machine. The girl is unbelievable! And Nichole- a mother of five! She's already run 2 marathons and her youngest just turned one! She's the fire under our feet and really believes in us. Together, we've logged many, many miles.
Post-race. Oh what a race. The course was beautiful. We started at Lake Sammamish State Park and ran to Marymoor Park along the East Lake Sammamish trail. I felt GREAT until mile 12. Then it hit me. A major mental block. When we reached Marymoor, we could SEE the finish line. But, instead of running to the finish line, we had to run PAST it and run deep into the park to get our last mile or so. It. Was. Horrible. BUT, it was my goal to run the entire race. And that I did. I might of more-less "shuffled" towards the end, but I did it in a time of 2:21. Not exactly what I had hoped for, but I'm okay with it and it gives me lots of room to improve. Afterall, the feeling of accomplishing it felt great by itself.
2 comments:
VERY proud of you!!! SO awesome!!! :)
You are amazing! I secretly wish I could have done it! Maybe I'll fly out next year to do it! :)
Post a Comment