This past weekend, Jake's family had their annual family reunion. Thankfully, it was close by at his parents house in Black Diamond. It made it very nice to go home every night to our own beds. The festivities started out of Friday night and ran through Monday. The theme this year was "Home for the Holidays." It was great! Friday we rang in the "New Year" with a great fireworks show and toast to sparkling cider, of course! Saturday we started the day off with an Easter egg hunt for all the kids. It was a huge hit. As tradition dictates, there were of course money eggs and "golden eggs" for the kids to find. Pieper even got in on the action

.

After the Easter egg hunt, the kids all enjoyed some craft time. The colored flags and decorated their own Halloween treat bags to be used later.

At lunch time, we celebrated the Fourth of July and Memorial Day with lots of family photos and stories. We barbequed hot dogs and followed lunch with some adult games. Jake, of course, volunteered himself for the pie-eating contest! Much to my surprise, he didn't win- 2nd place aint so bad though!


Did I forget to mention they couldn't use their hands??? Ooooooooooooh.......

With bellies full and some not feeling so well... hmmm... it was time for some down time. The kids changed into swim suits and had a blast swimming and sliding down grandma and pappa's waterslide. Hmmm... it did kind of look fun.

While the kids were busy swimming, Pieper busied herself "cleaning up" from the Fourth of July festivities!


With half the year still to celebrate, it was soon time to get ready for HALLOWEEN! Yeah! Believe it or not, the kids were chomping at the bit to get dressed in costume. Big surprise for us... Kennedy LIVES to dress up "pretty!"


Before the Trick o' Treating began, the kids enjoyed some traditional Halloween games.


For dinner that night, we had a fabulous Thanksgiving feast! Because I was too busy with preparation and set-up, their will be no pictures of that! But, the food was so yummy I'm looking forward to having round two in a couple months! To top off the VERY full day of holiday celebrating, Santa himself arrived and the children and adults enjoyed singing some carols (I know, a little odd this time of year) and a good ol' game of White Elephant.

Jeesh! What a year! ;) Everyone had a blast and the children especially had lots of fun playing together and celebrating in the tradition of each holiday.
5 comments:
I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!! SO CLEVER!!! I wish my family ever got together...losers. I loved the "Cousins Camp" your mom did too. Did you come up with all these ideas? SO FUN!
Oh my goodness. Your family is CRAZY FUN! I can't even believe the amount of prep that went into those reunions!
That is a great idea!! I might even like going to a reunion if we did that!
I love that picture of Jake with all those pies!!! It looks like everyone had a fantastic time!
Sarah, I have been spying on your page for a while. I never knew I could comment (what a ditz). I love your idea. It is so fun to look at you guys and my sweet nieces. P.S. I had alot of fun with you at the reunion see you soon.
Post a Comment