So far our summer has been busy, busy, busy. This week was no less. The week started off with Kennedy attending Kidz Camp on Monday from 10 to 1 pm. It was her 4th time going this summer and she again, had a blast. They do crafts, play games, play outside and get to have fun with other kids their age. Tuesday, I joined my mom and 3 of my nieces for our annual trip to Remlinger Farms. My sister-in-law was at girls camp all week so we were watching 3 out of her 6 girls for a few days. The girls had a blast together. Remlinger Farms is always a hit amongst the littler ones. We spent a good 4 hours there and then returned back to my moms for some swimming in the lake. Do kids EVER run out of energy?!?

That night, I loaded up every seat in my car and took my nieces home with me for a sleep-over at aunties. By time we got home, everyone was pretty beat, so putting 5 girls to sleep didn't prove to be too much of a challenge. The next day I had planned for Kennedy and the two younger nieces to go to Kidz Camp together. This was a good thing. :) They had a great time and kept them busy for a few hours during the day. I took Allie, the oldest, with me and Pieper to do a little shopping. She thought that was MUCH more fun. Once home, the movement and action didn't stop. They're all like little energizer bunnies so I pulled out the surprise bubble guns I bought for them and turned on the sprinklers. The water fun then turned into a major water fight amongst all the girls and there was water everywhere- including inside my house, but it was all worth it just to hear their laughing and screaming.

We rounded out the evening with a trip to Super Jump Party Zone (that my brothers own) and dropped the girls off after a about an hour of jumping. I came home, cleaned up my semi-small disaster zone and crawled into bed dead-dog tired.
Thursday I decided I needed a down day and a day to recover my house from the previous days of neglect. So, we invited Kennedy's friend Ryan over to play while I tried to scour my house and catch up on bills, bills, bills. Jake spent the evening golfing while I spent the evening at a baby shower. After a pretty full week of nonstop kids, it was kind of nice getting away and chatting with the ladies.
Friday my friend Kim and I took the girls to Kent Cornucopia Days and walked the outdoor vendors and probably bought things we really didn't need. I did end up scoring a couple ridiculously cute shirts from White House/Black Market so that made me a happy mommy while the girls scored some totally silly flip-flops and a few too many lolli-pops and sugar fills. Oh well.
So, that brings me to today... a little whiped out, needing to relax and have nothing planned day. Sounds pretty perfect to me. Happy Saturday.
12 comments:
Hope you got to relax today. It makes me tired just reading about it!
You are always so busy! :) Sounds like a lot of fun.
Oh my you really are living it up this summer! How FUN! You definitely inspire me to make a lot of fun memories for my kids this summer, even if it means playing in the backyard sprinklers every day! :)
I just love days like those!! Those...as you experienced...you are completely wiped out! I don't know how these kids can keep going, and going and going!
You are a great mom!!
Oh my! Sounds like you are having a great summer!
YAY FOR SUMMER ACTIVITIES! Everything is more fun in the summer. Sounds like you're milking that. Your kids will thank you forever. KEEP IT UP.
What a great mom! Reading that made me seriously tired! Glad you are enjoying your summer.
Looks like you had fun with all the girls, sounds like a house full of girl power & the craziness sounds like my summer life w/ the kids home from school, thank goodness for the nice weather though huh?! Lucky you, we did the Kent Days as well..but did the fair thing w/ the rides & games mostly since we had all of the kids. Would have loved to have done more of the walking around to check out the booths, sounds like you found some fun stuff.
Hey Sarah, Can you do me a favor and watch Lily and Carter for me while I am at girls camp this week? Oh and can this comment count for visiting teaching this month? :) JUST KIDDIN'SIS
What a blast those little girls are just adorable we pay alot of money to have their hair color and look at them there just born into it lucky.
What a blast those little girls are just adorable we pay alot of money to have their hair color and look at them there just born into it lucky.
Wow, sounds like a fun filled few days!
Who's baby shower did I miss? I hope it wasn't Lindsay Page's?
White House/Black Market is my favorite store!
Post a Comment